Retail & Warehouse Assistant
Our team is looking for a Retail & Warehouse Assistant to support the retention of long-term, quality clients and the optimizing of cash flow and profitability for the company by executing inventory control systems, so that clients’ needs and expectations are met and excess, obsolete, and damaged inventory is minimized.
- Assist shipping & receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Sort & place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Maintain inventory controls by collection stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. Will also assist in counting physical inventory.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- Prepare inventory for job sites. May be required to deliver materials to work sites.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Assist customers at the counter with their queries and at the same time provide them with the resolution effectively.
- Treat all customers with respect & courtesy.
- Follow up on orders the customer makes while resolving problems and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Process cash, cheque and card payments.
- Balance cash registers with receipts.
- Deal with customer refunds.
- High school diploma or GED, Post-Secondary in relevant field will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work within established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Will be required to regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs, occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100lbs.
- Will frequently be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work under supervision, independently or as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication, organization & customer relationship skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract.
To apply: Email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not drop off your resume in person. We are holding this position open until we find the perfect fit for our team, we will reach out to applicants for interviews.